The UCF IT Office of Strategy and Planning provides leadership, guidance, and consulting services to enterprise IT and University leadership in the following areas:
- IT Strategic Planning
- IT Service Design and IT Financial Modeling (ITFM)
- IT Project and Portfolio Management Services
- Performance Management and Analytics
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Enterprise IT Architecture
- IT Innovation and Transformation
- Business Process Improvement
Our mission is to connect IT investments with strategic outcomes, improve operational effectiveness and efficiency, better inform future planning, budget formulation, and ensure transparency and accountability. We help the organization figure out what to do and when to do it.
Integrity, scholarship, community, creativity, and excellence are the core values that guide our conduct, performance, and decisions. These values comprise the guiding principles that direct the actions of the University, its students, and its employees.
Key Strategic Initiatives
What we do
We are responsible for driving organizational, programmatic and operational transformation across the department to maximize IT performance. We facilitate the IT strategic planning process within UCF IT and with University leadership. This process includes identifying and monitoring strategic priorities, transformational change initiatives, project prioritization and management, and monitoring of key performance measures against established targets.
We have a unique organizational perspective in that we often look at the world through two different lenses. When we look through our strategic lens, we are making choices about what we should or should not do as an organization. When we look though our planning lens, we are making choices about how to best use our resources and what actions we should take to achieve the strategic choices we have made.
LEAD STRATEGY DESIGN
We collaboratively engage with UCF IT leadership to identify and promote the objectives the unit needs to focus on, the indicators needed to measure performance and the initiatives required to achieve desired performance.
Align the Organization
We ensure that service unit objectives align with overall UCF IT strategies and that we are all working towards a common goal.
Communicate the Strategies
We work to communicate current and future departmental strategies and show how our work aligns with the UCF Collective Impact Plan and other University strategic initiatives.
Monitor the Strategies
We conduct Strategic Review Meetings to analyze our performance and outcomes against expected targets.
Adjust the Strategy
We regularly solicit and evaluate new ideas throughout the organization and adjust if necessary, the strategic roadmaps or performance metrics.
Ensure the Execution of Strategic Initiatives
We use performance data to ensure initiatives are receiving enough attention, resources and are still effective.
Facilitate Strategic Discussions
We engage with campus leadership to ensure UCF IT is delivering the appropriate services and is seen as a strategic partner to the business.
The Strategy and Planning Office has identified several key strategic initiatives to move our teams forward and we strive to ensure all our efforts are clearly aligned to our strategies. Some of our current strategic initiatives include:
- Become a Project Management Center of Excellence
- Enable Improved Performance of IT Programs and Portfolios
- Increase university-wide awareness that the PMO is a collaborative resource for project, program and portfolio management expertise
- Align Project & Portfolio Management with governance processes across the university
- Increase our ITIL Maturity Processes
- Provide Enhanced ITSM Solutions that Improve the Customer Experience
- Provide Actionable Information and Improved Enterprise IT Decision Making
- Enable organizational and IT transformation
- Enhance organizational awareness using service portfolio management
- Enhance decision making
- Enhance value capture and creation by reducing uncertainty
- Improve speed of change
- Improve financial compliance and control
- Enhance operational excellence
- Establish an Architecture Governance Committee (AGC)
- Conduct EA Maturity Assessment.
- Establish an EA&TI Governance Model.
- Identify an architectural model and create a set of proposals to support digital business and a bimodal approach with a focus on innovation.
- Create an EA&TI organizational model for future expansion.