How it works
Skype for Business phone service is an extension to Skype for Business that allows you to make and receive telephone calls from and to your UCF work number. In addition to making and receiving calls, Skype for Business phone service offers unified messaging via your Outlook mailbox. Your voice messages will be delivered to you within Outlook, and can be retrieved via phone, Web or desktop. Benefits of Skype for Business phone service:
- Provides added mobility as you are able to answer your UCF phone number(s) from your computer or tablet (when you have Internet access) or your smartphone
- Ensures you don’t miss important calls because you can easily forward voice calls to other numbers, such as your mobile phone or home phone
- Saves time as you can quickly read summaries or listen to recordings of voice messages from your computer using Outlook
- Gives you a virtual assistant, you can hear an overview of your calendar on a specific day and even have your email read to you
The steps for starting to use Skype for Business phone service are below. Faculty/staff accounts are not enabled for Skype for Business phone service by default.
How do I know if I have Skype for Business Phone Service?
You will see a dialpad on your Skype for Business client. Additionally your Skype for Business Conference Leader PIN can be used to start online meetings by phone. The PIN can be reset by visiting dialin.ucf.edu.
What equipment is needed?
All you need for a voice call is a speaker and microphone, however additional devices may improve audio quality and privacy. See the Technology Product Center’s Recommended Headsets & Accessories page for a complete list of recommended audio devices.
- If you have ordered a Skype-for-Business-enabled phone, you will receive it and can log in to your phone.
How will I know if I’ve been switched over?
If you pick up your old Cisco phone and hear a dial tone, you haven’t been enabled yet.
How your status works when people call you:
You will receive call notifications when your status is set to Free, Away, Busy, etc. Set your status to Do Not Disturb to send all calls directly to voicemail without notifications. All calls received while in Do Not Disturb will be logged in your Recent Calls list.