Who is Eligible to use this Software?
Our computers in Technology Commons come pre-installed with the ArcGIS software to allow easy access to essential course software for students. Here’s what you should know about the software!
- All UCF Faculty, staff, & students are eligable to use this software.
- All Technology Commons labs have ArcGIS installed, including our labs in:
- Tech Commons I
- Tech Commons II
- Classroom Building I
- You can get training on ArcGIS software use from here.
- Students can get a free trial for the ArcGIS software here.
- All ArcGIS related software can only be installed on University-owned machines. Contact Yasmin Brady (email@example.com) for distribution and licensing questions.
ArcGIS Student Installation Instructions
You can download a copy of ArcGIS for Desktop 10.* at the following address:
Requesting ESRI Software Training and Access
- Users at any of the UCF campuses, please send an email to Yasmin Brady to request ESRI software.
- Please be as specific as possible about which software and what version you are requesting.
- To request e-learning access, all emails should originate from @ucf.edu or @knights.ucf.edu
ArcGIS Online Access
- ArcGIS online access must be requested by teaching faculty or support staff.
- All students accounts are created for one year. At the end of one year all content will be deleted
- Faculty or staff requesting ArcGIS online access will need to send a CSV file with the following header row to Yasmin Brady. Email, First Name, Last Name, NID, Role, Allow Esri Access, Level
- All new account creation takes 48 business hours
- Inactive accounts are deleted after 30 days – meaning users must log in before 30 days.
Install and Authorize
Follow these steps to install ArcGIS 10.x for desktop:
- If not already installed, download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. This is required to Install ArcGis for Desktop.
- Ensure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of ArcGIS for desktop or ArcGIS for Servers before running the setup. Under Uninstall existing ArcGIS software, click Delete Conflicts to remove previous versions.
- Extract the ArcGIS for Desktop download file and run setup.exe if the program does not run automatically.
- Click Next and accept the license agreement. Choose Complete and click Next. Click Next and accept all default settings, then click Finish.
Follow these steps to authorize the software:
- Select ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced (Single Use), and click authorize now.
- Verify the software you selected is listed at the top of the box. Click OK.
- Select, I have installed my software and need to authorize it. Click Next.
- Select Authoize Esri now using the Internet. Click Next. If you do not have an internet connection in the computer you intend to install the software on you can authorize the software using another computer that has internet access or via e-mail.
- Enter yout personal information (2 panels). Click Next on both.
- When prompted, accept the default , I do not wish to authorize any extensions at this time. The extensions will be authorized automatically.
- Enter your 12 character authorization number (EVAxxxxxxxxx), and click Next.
- After the authorization process is complete, click Finish. Authorization usually takes between 30 seconds and 2 minutes.
- Click OK to close the ArcGIS Administrator. The software is ready to use.
- All software must be installed on university computers
- Faculty and staff can install ESRI software on a personally owned PC for education and research purposes only.
- Students can request a 1-year student license to install ArcGIS Desktop on their PC.
- Eligible units can obtain unlimited seats for each product.
- You are responsible for software installation.